Fiber Optics Bridge Card V1
can be used with DP 7000 digital processor
Samtec FireFly ™ protocol agnostic embedded optical engines
- 12 bi-directional links, 20 GB/s (169.2 Gbit/s) aggregate bandwidth
- Altera Stratix V GS FPGA (5SGS)
- On-board 32 GB o DDR3 SDRAM memory
- Gen3 PCIe® x8 connectivity
- Robust forced cooling enables embedded systems applications
Guzik Test and Measurement has develop a general purpose, fiber optics to PCIe® bridge card with built in FPGA processing and on-board memory buffer. The cards are typically used in pairs connected via an optical fiber link, with one card connected to a computer CPU host on one side of the link, and the other to PCIe® devices, such as high performance GPU cards or RAID storage on the other side, or acting as its own PCIe® endpoint for high-performance DAQ systems and open-FPGA general purpose processors.
An Altera Stratix V GS FPGA (5SGS) is connected via x8 Gen3 PCIe® interface to the card edge. The optical link consists of 12 bi-directional optical lanes with total user data bandwidth greater than 20 GB/s (169.2 Gb/s). The optical conversion is provided by a miniature on-board optical Firefly engine connected to the FPGA. A large on-board 32 GB of DDR3 SDRAM memory with total bandwidth of 25 GB/s is provided to match the optical link data throughput.
2015 Supercomputing Video Loop
To learn more about Mid-Board and Panel Optics click here.
Stratix V GSD4 FPGA
- 360K Logic Elements
- 1 PCIe “Hard IP” Block
- DR3 SDRAM x72 DIMM Interfaces
- x12 14.1 Gb/s Transceivers
‒Supported by two Firefly Optical Modules
- Uses HyperTransport Lite to interconnect multiple remote FPGAs
- 168Gb/s HT connection over 100m optical fiber
Connects multiple FPGAs and a PC host using one PCIe connections
- 168 Gb/s sustained optical I/O
- 32G on-board DDR3 memory for data intensive processing