Read-Write Analyzers-1601 – Obsolete
160 Mflux/s Read Write Analyzer
- Maximum Data Frequency of 160 Mflux/s with Analog Channel bandwidth greater than 250 MHz.
- Option: Digital Channel Analyzer (DCA) upgrade to test PRML channels.
- User-definable random pattern length up to 32 Kbytes with hierarchical structure.
The Guzik Read Write Analyzer RWA-1601 is a measurement tool used for design and analysis of magnetic storage devices and components. It is designed to test heads, media, and HSA’s (head stack assemblies) on spinstands, and drives/HDA’s (head/disk assemblies). The RWA-1601 can perform a complete suite of parametric measurements including bit shift analysis, track average amplitude, resolution, pulse width, asymmetry, modulation, signal-to-noise, overwrite, and popcorn noise. Media defects such as missing/extra/super pulses, margin errors, and modulation errors can also be analyzed. The RWA-1601 can perform Phase Margin (Bit Shift) Analysis up to 160 Mflux/s using a programmable data separator and phase margin detector with accuracy better than 100 picoseconds and repeatability within 50 picoseconds. Using a software controlled bit mask, the bit shift of individual bits can be examined separately. Optionally, the RWA-1601 can be upgraded to a Digital Channel Analyzer (DCA) to perform PRML channel related tests. The Pattern Generator of the RWA-1601 allows the user to program any random pattern up to 32 Kbytes in length. Each transition of these patterns can be individually precompensated with 20 ps resolution. The RWA-1601 can perform a variety of measurements for testing the characteristics of MR-Heads, including separate analysis of positive and negative pulses and software programmable control of both positive and negative Read Bias currents.
- Up to 160 Mflux/s data rates.
- Programmable pattern generator with random pattern length up to 32 Kbytes and hierarchical pattern structure.
- Programmable write data Precompensation of individual bits with 20 ps resolution.
- Phase Margin (Bit Shift) analysis with accuracy better that 100 ps and repeatability within 50 ps.
- Missing, Extra, and Super pulse detection.
- Parametric measurements.
- Frequency and Saturation response measurements.
- Popcorn Noise measurement.
- Bit Comparator analysis
- Customer specified plug-in filter modules, programmable filters, and differentiators.
- Programmable write, read-bias, and erase (positive and negative) currents.
- Zoned-bit recording support.
- Large variety of spinstand and drive interfaces with possibility for custom integration.
- Programmable Peak Detector Time Constant and envelope tracking Thresholds.
- 1-7, 2-7, NRZ, MFM, and user-defined encoding schemes.
- Drive test capabilities including Sector Servo protection, External Clock synchronization for write data, and digital read data analysis.
Analog Channel Technical Specifications:
Bandwidth: 0.1 to at least 250 MHz at -3 dB
Flatness: 0.1 to 100 MHz at ± 0.2 dB
Programmable Attenuator: 36 dB in 2 dB steps
Filters: 3 low pass (custom cutoff frequencies up to 160 MHz 8 overwrite from .5 to 20 MHz high/band pass filters available for measuring Popcorn
Write Current: Programmable 0 to 80 mA in 0.02 mA steps
MR Read Bias: Programmable -20 mA to 20 mA in 0.01 mA steps
Differentiators: Two plug-in positions for custom modules up to 160 Mflux/s. 5 modules shipped standard for data ranges from 5 to 160 Mflux/s
cutoff frequency: 9-30 MHz in steps of 0.1 MHz
boost factor: 0 – 13 dB in steps of 0.1 dB
cutoff frequency: 5-15 MHz in steps of 0.1 MHz
boost factor: 0 – 9.2 dB in steps of 0.1 dB
cutoff frequency: 1.5-10 MHz in steps of 0.1MHz
boost factor: 0 – 11 dB in steps of 0.1 dB
SSI: 117, 501 510, 511, 512, 516, 521, 524, 528, 1200, 2010, 2015, 2020, 2024, 2030, 2100, 2300, 4610, 5121, 5122
VTC: VM312, VM313, VM367, VM5200, VM7104, VM7114, VM7150, VM7154, VM7200, VM7204, VM7230, VM7234
MR Preamplifiers: VM61006, SSI1550
Fujitsu: MB 4114
NEC: PC2130, PC2132, PC2134
Sony: CXA 1454
EXAR: XR505, XR507
- Many available for Magneto Resistive (MR) head testing. Additional Head Preamplifiers can be integrated on request. Head Adapters subject to IC availability.
Frequency Synthesizer: Up to 320 MHz with 0.01% resolution
Pattern Generator: Any user specified data pattern up to a maximum of 32 KBytes of encoded data and hierarchical pattern structure.
Precompensation: Individual bit precompensation with resolution of 20 ps
Jitter: 20ps RMS
Data Separator: 5 MFlux/s to 160 MFlux/s
Window Centering: 100 ps or 1% of window
Bit Shift Analyzer
Accuracy: better than 100 ps or 1% of window
Repeatability: better than 50 ps
Resolution: 20 ps
Jitter: 40 ps RMS
Parametric Measurement Accuracy:
TAA: ± 1.5%
Modulation: ± 2.0%
SNR: ± 0.5 dB
Crest factor: ± 2.0%
Overwrite: ± 0.3 dB
Pulse width: ± 2.0%
Super pulse ± 2.0% of signal envelope
Missing pulse ± 2.0% of the HF envelope
Extra pulse ± 2.0% of the HF envelope
Multiple Recording Zones
Pulse Shape Analyzer (Requires AB-961)
RWA-1601+ Upgrade available at factory
Size 21.6″ x 17.6″ x 7.3″ Weight 30 lb. Power 100/120 vac ± 10%, 50/60 Hz, 2.5 amps approximately
220/240 vac ± 10%, 50/60 Hz, 1.3 amps approximately
ANALOG CHANNEL 961
Size 19.0″ x 17.6″ x 3.3″ Weight 10 lb. Power Supplied from RWA