Read-Write Analyzer 2002 – Discontinued
- 2Gbit/sec Maximum Data Rate
- 1GHz Analog Bandwidth for All Parametric Measurements
- Pattern Generator with 1psec Resolution of Bit Precompensation*
- PRML Chip Integration to 2Gbit/sec
- Servo Writing and Processing
* Patent pending.
RWA 2002 Performance Specifications**:
Minimum bit cell: 500psec
Absolute position accuracy for any transition: 5psec (typ) 10psec (max)
Precompensation resolution for any transition: 1psec
Jitter at 2Gbit/sec
- Repetitive Pattern: 2psec RMS (typcal).
- Pattern Dependent Jitter, 5psec peak-to-peak (typical).
- Frequency resolution: better then 1Hz
- Frequency stability: ±2.5ppm up to 75°C, ±1ppm/year
- Random pattern maximum length: up to 2Mbit
PRML Chip Integration
- Data Rate: up to 2Gbit/sec (limited by available commercial PRML chips).
- PRML chips: Cirrus Logic, Data Path, GEC Plessey, IBM, Lucent
Technology, Marvell, NEC, SSI, and new PRML chips integrated on request.
- Channel Optimization
- Wide range of PRML Tests
Bandwidth: more than 1GHz at – 3dB
Flatness: ± 0.2dB up to 1GHz
Group delay: ±100psec up to 1GHz
Non-linear distortion: better than 1%
(entire bandwidth, nominal level)
Minimum pulse width (PW)
to be measured: 330psec
Parametric measurement accuracy
- TAA: ±0.5dB***
- Pulse width: 3% or 20psec (whichever is greater)***
- SNR: ±0.5dB
- Modulation: ± 2%***
- Crest factor: ± 2%
- Overwrite: ± 0.2dB
- Size: 22.1″ x 17.6″ x 10.8″
- Weight: 46 lbs
- Power: 100-240 VAC (± 10%, 50/60 Hz, 3A)
** Specifications are subject to change without notice.
*** Measurement conditions: sinewave signal without noise.
RWA 2002 Options:
|Spectrum Analyzer||Frequency domain tests to 960MHz|
|UP8 Preamplifier||2Gbit/sec write data speed|
|1.8GHz analog bandwidth|
|MR5 Read/Write Amplifier||2Gbit/sec write data speed|
|1.3GHz analog bandwidth|
|Programmable Octave Filters||1-2GHz, 0.5-1GHz, 0.25-0.5GHz,|
|Guzik Servo for Guzik Spinstands||Servo writing up to 1,024 sectors|
|50 kHz servo sampling rate|
|Guzik Servo for Non-Guzik Spinstands||Servo writing up to 1,024 sectors|
|50 kHz sampling rate|
|Digital servo position output|