1701MP – Obsolete
- Micropositioning system with positioning repeatability¹ of 1 µIn.
- Software controlled skew angle conversion without track repositioning.
- Easy conversion between head (HGA) and head stack (HSA) testing
The Guzik S-1701MP Micro Positioning Spinstand is equipped with a patented² closed loop positioning system consisting of a piezo substage and precision optical scales with 0.04 µIn resolution. This results in track positioning repeatability of 1 µIn and track profile measurements with effectively zero hysteresis. This capability is a requirement in MR-Head testing and high TPI track profile and track interference analysis.
The S-1701MP provides software controlled skew angle adjustment through a patented³ software controlled mechanical configuration. By locating the head gap in the center of a rotational system, skew angle control is accomplished by rotating the head around the head gap. In this manner the skew angle can be changed while remaining on the same track.
The unique capability of changing skew angles while remaining on track allows the user to perform a variety of measurements, including track profile analysis on a previously written track at varying skew angles. This unique measurement can produce a comb-shaped single-track profile plot.
Through a very simple mechanical conversion, the S-1701MP can be used for either head (HGA) or head stack (HSA) testing.
- Universal Micro Positioning Spinstand equipped for HGA, HSA, and Disk testing.
- Positioning repeatability of 1 µ with 0.04 µ resolution.
- Software controlled skew angles with resolution 1 minute of arc.
- Interchangeable Head Stack (HSA) fixtures can be designed to custom specifications.
- Air or ball bearing spindles available with programmable speeds from 200-10,000 RPM.
- Interchangeable “Z-height” adapters, HGA mounting fixtures, and spindle chucks (disk sizes from 1.3″ to 3.5″).
- Optional optical alignment system available for head gap alignment within .001″ to the center of the rotary system.
- Table top unit
- Linear Position Repeatability and Local Positioning Accuracy¹: ± 0.4µIn typical, ± 1 µIn maximum
- Absolute Positioning Accuracy over the entire linear travel¹,²: ± 8µIn typical
- Linear Scale Resolution: 0.04 µIn
- Hysteresis: Closed loop system, no hysteresis.
- Skew Angle Resolution: 1 minute of arc.
The repeatability and accuracy can be affected by temperature variations. Due to its low heat capacity, the disk exhibits the fastest response to these variations. Best performance will be achieved at stable environmental temperature and after a warm-up period of approximately 1 hour..
Absolute accuracy over the entire range of travel is determined by the accuracy of the linear encoders. Higher precision encoders can be provided on demand, with absolute accuracy of 4µ (maximum) over the entire range.
|Size||24″ x 12″ x 18″|
|Power||110 vac ± 15% 50/60 Hz, 3 amps approximately
230 vac ± 15% 50/60 Hz, 2 amps approximately
Operational: 15 C to 40 C, 90% maximum relative humidity, with no condensation.
Bearings: Air or Ball Bearing
Interchangeable Spindle Chucks: 1.3″, 1.8″, 2.5″, 3.5″ available
Motor: Brushless DC, programmable, 200 RPM – 10,000 RPM
RPM Jitter:± 0.02% typical
Acceleration: 0 – 10,000 RPM in approximately 3.25 seconds with 3.5″ disk mounted
Radial/Axial Runout (Ball Bearing): 10 µ non-repeatable ( 4 µ pk-pk typical)
Radial/Axial Runout (Air Bearing): 1 µ non-repeatable ( maximum )