3D Pulse Profile Test for Nano-Scale Magnetic Field Imaging
- Build 3D and 2D Plots of Individual Magnetic Transitions
- Along-the-track Sampling Period 0.1ns (2nm at 7200RPM, MD location)*
- Cross-track Accuracy 0.4nm (1 s) with
- Non-destructive Measurements
- Scan Time less than 20 Seconds for
10mm ´ 10mm Area with 12 nm Step
- Compatible with Perpendicular and Longitudinal Products
* All specifications are subject to change.
** You must have a Servo-3 or Servo-4 system to achieve this accuracy.
The 3D Pulse Profile Test allows you to capture data from the magnetic media and plot as a three-dimensional plot of read-back signal amplitude versus off-track offset and along-the-track direction. The acquisition is performed using Guzik D5000 analyzer with data acquisition rate up to 10 Gsample/s (0.1 ns sampling resolution). Off-track positioning is performed using Guzik servo with 0.01 nm resolution and 0.4 nm accuracy, 1 sigma**. The read-back amplitude can be shown on two-dimensional and/or three-dimensional plots, with or without averaging. The captured data can be exported to a file, such that you can design your own algorithms of data processing and representation.
Guzik 3D Pulse Profile test is non-destructive – you do not have to remove media from the spinstand, and/or provide special marking before measurements. You can write a different pattern, vary write current, change other parameters, and perform measurements on the same area of the media. The test takes less than 20 seconds when scanning 10mm ´ 10mm area with 12 nm step.
You can analyze servo and data patterns previously written or pre-printed on the media, as well as write and read a pattern using Guzik RWA-2000 series.
Figure 1 below shows a fragment of a drive servo captured by the 3D Pulse Profile Test. The media was taken from a drive purchased through a retail store, and placed on a Guzik V2002 spinstand. The following is the description of the drive used for this measurement:
- Drive Manufacturer: SEAGATE
- Model: Momentus 5400.3, ST9160821A
- S/N: 5MA0VSLM
- Technology: Perpendicular Recording
- Form factor: 5”, 5400 RPM
Figure 1: Drive Servo
Figure 2 shows low-frequency pattern written on the perpendicular media. This 10MHz pattern was written using Guzik RWA-2000 series, and then read and processed by the 3D Pulse Profile test. Red color indicates positive transitions, blue color indicates negative transitions.
Figure 2: Perpendicular Transitions, 10MHz Pattern
Figure 3 shows the same low-frequency perpendicular transitions, displayed as a three-dimensional plot.
Figure 3: Perpendicular Transitions, 10MHz Pattern, 3D View
The 3D Pulse Profile test is an optional purchase software, which requires the following:
- Guzik RWA-2000
- Guzik D5000 Signal Analyzer.
- WITE32 Revision 4.00 or later.
- Software license. Please contact email@example.com to obtain a quotation for the license.
- It is recommended that your RWA is equipped with Servo Revision 3 or later.
- Guzik V2000 Spinstand is recommended to provide Index Skew control, in order to study patterns pre-written or pre-printed on the media.