Read Write Analyzers-2550 Plus – Obsolete
800 Mbit/s PRML Channel Analyzer
550 MHz Analog Bandwidth
Significantly increased throughput
- PRML chip integration with data rates to 800 Mbits/sec.
- Fast PRML channel optimization
- 800Mflux/s programmable Pattern Generator
- Bit precompensation with 20ps resolution
- 400MHz bandwidth Spectrum Analyzer
- Supports universal preamplifier UP-7 and TSA-compatible cartridge
- Bit shift analysis 250 MFlux/s (333Mbit/s with 1-7 code) Optional
The Guzik RWA-2550++ Read/Write Analyzer provides a wide range of parametric and PRML measurements. PRML tests are formed with integrated PRML chips. Write and read parameters of any PRML chip can be optimized in a few seconds to achieve lower error rates. All tests are implemented under WITE software, suitable for both engineering and production application. Software is run on a Pentium-based PC under Windows 95 or Windows 98.
Wide range of PRML tests including:
- Bit error rate measurements
- Off-track channel performance
Non-linear transition shift (NLTS) by harmonic elimination method
Optimization of PRML channels
- Based on channel quality monitor
- Based on error rate measurements
- Customized optimization algorithms
All industry-standard parametric tests
The Spectrum Analyzer provides frequency domain tests:
- Spectrum analysis
- NLTS measurements
- Signal to noise ratio (including transitional noise)
- Partial erasure
Significantly reduced production test time
All engineering and production tests are implemented in WITE software on any Pentium-based PC under Windows 95, or Windows 98
Maximum Data Rates
- PRML: 800 Mbits/s
- Error Rate Analyzer: 800 Mbits/s, limited by PRML chip.
- Bit shift analysis: Optional, 5 to 250 Mflux/s
PRML Chip Integration
- Plug-in chip adapter module
- Data rate 800 Mbit/s.
- Integrated PRML chips from Cirrus Logic, DataPath, GEC Plessey IBM, Lucent Technology, Marvell, NEC, SSI, and others.
- Custom PRML chips may be integrated upon request.
Analog Channel 971++
Bandwidth: 0.1 to 550 MHz at -3 dB
Flatness: 0.3 to 400 MHz at ± 0.2 dB
Group Delay: Flatness 200ps up to 400MHz
Programmable Attenuator: 36 dB in 2 dB steps
Typical Non-Linear Distortion: Better than 1%
(400MHz, output level 300mv p/p single-ended)
Filters: 4 low pass or programmable filters (custom cutoff frequencies for low pass filters up to 400 MHz).
High/band pass filters available for popcorn noise measurement.
Write Current: Programmable 0 to 80 mA in 0.02 mA steps.
MR Read Bias: Programmable -20 to 20 mA in 0.01 mA steps or serial control of bias current.
Differentiators: Two plug-in positions for custom modules with data range from 5 to 250 Mflux/s (optional).
Features: Programmable overwrite, spectrum analysis, non-linear transition shift (NLTS), partial erasure, signal to noise ratio (SNR) including transitional noise.
|Frequency range:||0.5 to 400 MHz|
|Accuracy:||± 0.2 dB with 70 dB dynamic range.|
|Selectivity:||100kHz at –3dB ; 500kHz at –60dB|
|Video bandwidth:||Switchable between 100 KHz and 10 KHz.|
|Noise floor level:||Better than –80 dB.|
- More than 100 types available.
- Amplifiers with separate read and write chips.
- Parallel and serial control of head amplifier chip(s).
- TSA – compatible cartridge design.
- Factory calibrated amplification
- Compatible with UP6 or UP7 universal preamplifiers
Frequency Synthesizer: Up to 1 GHz with better than 1Hz resolution
Frequency Stability: + 2.5ppm up to 75° C, + 1 ppm/year
Pattern Generator: 800 Mflux/s Data rate. Programmable pattern up to a maximum of 32 Kbytes of encoded data and hierarchical pattern structure.
Precompensation: Individual bit precompensation with 20ps resolution.
Jitter: 3 ps RMS.
|Bandwidth:||0.1 to 550MHz at –3dB|
|Flatness:||0.3 to 400 MHz at + .2dB|
|TAA accuracy:||± 1.5%|
|Typical non-linear distortion||Better than 1%|
|SNR:||± 0.5 dB|
|Crest factor:||± 2.0%|
|Overwrite:||± 0.2 dB|
|Pulse width:||± 1.5% (or better than + (100ps).|
Bit Shift Analyzer (optional)
(333 Mbit/s with 1-7 code)
|Accuracy:||Better than 100ps|
|Window Centering:||Better than 100ps|
Size: 21.6″ x 17.6″ x 7.3″
Weight: 30 lbs.
Power: 100-240 VAC ± 10%, 50/60 Hz.
Size: 19.0″ x 17.6″ x 3.3″
Weight: 10 lbs.