Sector Measurements Test Module
- Most of WITE32 standard measurements with per-sector results
- Capability to sweep/vary most of WITE32 system parameters
- Integrated graphical result display
- Capability to export all raw test results to a text file
The Sector Measurements WITE32 test module with the Sector Sweep test varies one of the system parameters (such as off-track offset or clock), performs one or several WITE32 standard measurements listed the Table 1, and reports measurement results per sector. Each measurement has dedicated preconditioning setup. This feature combined with the ability to sweep almost any system parameter allows this test to execute the algorithms of most WITE32 profile-style tests, such as Track Profile, Saturation, MR Saturation, Frequency, Off-track Performance, and report results per sector.
The integrated graphical result display allows for convenient observation of one or several crosscuts of the three-dimensional result data, see Figure 1.
All raw results may be exported to a text file in CSV format for custom processing.
Figure 1: Illustration of data selection for graphical display: crosscut along sweep parameter axis
|Measurement||Measurement Results||Required Hardware|
|Parametric||TAA Positive / Negative
PW Positive / Negative (for longitudinal recording)
Rise / Fall Time (for perpendicular recording)
Modulation Positive / Negative
|WDM5044 or D5000|
|SNR||SNR (wideband signal-to-noise ratio)
Signal Amplitude or RMS
|WDM5044 or D5000|
|DFT||Signal Harmonic Amplitudes for specified frequencies||WDM5044|
Original Signal Harmonic Amplitude
Residual Signal Harmonic Amplitude
|PES||Position Error Signal (PES)
Invalid Sector Count
|V2002 or DTR3000 spinstand|
|Spectral SNR||Spectral SNR
|BER||Bit Error Rate
Byte Error Rate
Bit Error Count
Byte Error Count
|CAI4K-compatible PRML chip adapter or D5000|
Table 1: List of supported sector measurements
The Sector Measurements test is optional purchase software, which requires the following:-
- Guzik RWA 2000 series or DTR3000 series.
- Guzik WDM5044 Waveform Digitizer (recommended) or D5000 Signal Analyzer.
- WITE32 Revision 4.20 or later.
- Software license. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a quotation for the license.