Universal Preamplifier 8 (UP8) – Obsolete
1.8GHz Analog Bandwidth Works with Guzik MR5 and any Commercial Amplifier
- Write channel with 2 Gbit/s data speed
- 70KHz to 1.8GHz at -3dB read channel bandwidth
- Works with RWA 2000 series
The Universal Preamplifier 8 (UP8) is specially designed for operation with the new RWA 2000 series and can achieve a maximum data rate only with the 2002, 2003, and 2004 models. At the same time, it can be used with our previous generation of test equipment such as the RWA2585.
The Universal Preamplifier 8 integrates with Guzik MR-head amplifier and any Commercial head amplifier, both of which must conform to the new Guzik head loader (HLM-2F) form factor. An upgrade kit is available for S1701A*, S1701A+, and S1701B spinstand models.
*S1701A Spinstand will require additional modification at Guzik Technical Enterprises.
- Bandwidth: 70KHz to 1.8GHz at -3dB
- Flatness: 300KHz to 1GHz ±0.2dB
- Group Delay Flatness: ±100psec to 1GHz
- Typical Non-Linear Distortion: better than 1% (1GHz, output level 300mV p/p single-ended)
- Amplification Accuracy: 2%
- Low cut-off frequency can be changed to 2MHz for pop-corn noise measurements
- 2Gbit/s data speed
- Write Current: Serial control
- MR Head Bias Current: -10mA
to +10mA in 0.01mA steps (for Guzik MR5) or serial control
- Separate write data outputs for Guzik MR5 and commercial head amplifiers (PECL level)